C'mon Hobby, Let's Reconnect!
Street / block gatherings
host a street / block gathering with a free $100 food voucher
We know that recently it’s been hard to get together with your neighbours and many new residents haven’t met those in their street yet. So we reckon it’s time to reconnect and grow the resiliency of our neighbourhood.
We’re making that easy by providing a $100 local food voucher for every street / block that gets together between March – June 2023. Simply complete the registration form linked here and we will provide you with the food voucher and some resources to help your block check that you are ready if there is an emergency in your community that will affect you, your family or your neighbours.
We’ve also got an amazing street resource kit (see below) that you can book for free for your gathering too. Easy as!
- Those organising their street/block gathering will be given a voucher that will provide you with a reimbursement of up to $100 of local food (no alcohol) purchases for your gathering.
- A gathering needs to have at least 10 households from your street/block to qualify for $100 voucher or 5 households for the $50 voucher.
- Gatherings may be in Hobsonville Point, Scott Point, or Hobsonville.
- Local food could be from local supermarket, pizza, sushi, Farmers Market food or whatever is available within Hobsonville.
- Reimbursement will be made on HCT receiving your GST receipt + photos of your event (NB: these must be able to be used for reporting/event promotional purposes).
- In return, you will be given some community related materials to share & discuss with your gathering to help our community to connect, be resilient and look after our neighbourhood.
Street Resource Kit
Hobsonville Community Trust has an amazing street resource kit that is available for community events, block/street parties and other gatherings. The kit is free to use and has been made possible by a range of supporters over the years including Upper Harbour Board, Harcourts Cooper & Co, and Ryman Healthcare.