Bark In the Park
Sunday 29 May, 10am - 12pm
@ Headquarters park, cinema road
Bark in the Park is a social gathering for small dogs and their owners that live in Hobsonville.
- Small temporary fenced off-leash area
- Mini dog agility challenge
- Free coffee (thanks Ray White!)
- A dog fashion ‘çatwalk’ with prizes being awarded for:
- Best dressed dog
- Best dog tricks (they’ll need to perform this on the stage)
- Best matching dog & owner
NB: Small dogs only and please keep them on-leash (except in fenced area) and under control at all times. Please remove your dog if they are overexcited or anxious.
Bad weather or poor weather forecast or a change in Covid-19 alert levels or requirements may cause cancellation. If this happens, this webpage will be updated and and announcement made on Hobsonville Community Trust Facebook page.
This event is about another way of connecting neighbours and strengthening our feeling of belonging in our community. If we opened it to all of Auckland then the gathering would be overwhelmed and you would be less likely to get to know other locals that you’d see next time when you’re out walking your dog.
- Small dog owners have been asking for something for them where they can socialise their small dogs and meet other small dog owners as many don’t feel comfortable in the dog park where big dogs can be intimidating. This event is about responding to this need and opportunity to connect.
- Safety: Large dogs in a confined space can cause injury to children and frail adults especially. A different event for larger dogs will need to take place in a larger area.
- No one event can cover every group demographic (like why not big dogs? or cats? or what about the left out guinea pigs and rabbits?….) – we try to provide a wide range of initiatives and events responding to needs and opportunities so if you want something different, why don’t you create that too and together we can continue to grow the ways we connect as a community. We get behind all sorts so feel to approach us (Hobsonville Community Trust), and/or the Upper Harbour Board, Hobsonville Point Residents Society, local businesses etc. with your idea and make it happen.
Special thanks to our amazing sponsors: